Thursday, July 7, 2011

I Told You So!

My gorgeous self!
Hello, all!

I told my moms that diaper was humiliating!  It had animals on it!  Can you believe it?  I couldn’t leave it on, even if it was covered in purple Vetrap and duct tape.


I got to see K again today!  She cleaned out my wither wound and gave me a cool shower and then attended to my  foot.  K used a diaper too, ugh.  She then added lots of combi cotton- all the way up to my fetlock!  Getting out of this one is going to prove challenging.  But at least you can’t see that darn diaper now!  Maybe I’ll cut my humans a break.  They really are trying their best to help me get well.

They’ve even added a new powder to my evening feed.  It’s something called Biotin that is supposed to help my feet grow stronger.  My Aunt T gave it to me because her horse doesn't need it anymore.  I'm so grateful! I hope it works because every horse wants to have strong feet.  I also heard K and R talking about scheduling an appointment with my farrier, Jamie again.  They’re right.  It is about time for me to have a trim.

In other news, my roomie, Sarah got a workout with R today.  They did a lot of work across wooden poles on the ground.  It looked a little weird at first, but then, as Sarah got better it began to look fun.  I wonder if my moms will let me do that.

I think poor Sarah has been put on a diet.  R has been riding her regularly and she now has to wear a strange bucket over her nose.   R says it’s called a grazing muzzle and it limits how much grass she can eat so that she doesn’t founder.  I hear Founder is very, very painful and can even be fatal.  I don’t want Sarah to be in pain, but that muzzle is just awful.  I feel so bad for her that I just can’t bring myself to pick on her to get her back for the diaper comments.  Imagine, limiting grass!

That’s all from The Paddock today.  Until next time, Happy Grazing!

2 comments:

  1. Some one helped Sarah out of her muzzle today??? Any ideas who that might have been? AND someone has been caught pawing in the water trough and soaking his foot pack which makes it VERY HARD to keep it on??? any ideas on that one either????

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't me! I swear! Oh, wait... that was me. My bad. I'm totes sorry.

    But I WILL do it again.

    ReplyDelete