Friday, July 8, 2011

Bell Boots and Jolly Balls

Huh?
I have to tell you guys... my moms are hilarious!  They bought me something called a Jolly Ball, and they think it's going to stop me from pulling off my bandage every day!  As I understand it, I'm supposed to play with the Jolly Ball instead of playing with the  bandage.  They think I need a distraction or something.  But when I play with the bandage, eventually the bandage comes off and some of the irritation of having a bandage on goes away.  On the other hoof, interacting with the Jolly Ball seems to get me nothing.  I'm three, not stupid.

Anyway, I pulled off Aunt B's wrap job last night.  Momma R said I looked like one of the "Lost Boys."  I don't know what that means, but I had managed to pull the whole wrap off except for the sole of the hoof and a ring of ragged muddy Combi and Elastikon around my pastern.  My moms pulled the remnants of the bandage off and washed my hoof in a Betadine solution because I got the sole dirty (again).  However, they seemed very pleased with how it looked all cleaned up.  They said it's starting to really heal!

Modeling my new boot.
Then... they wrapped it all back up anyway.  Sigh.  Gauze, Elastikon, diaper, Combi, Coflex (that's Vetrap but not as expensive), duct tape, more Elastikon.   This time they also put something on my hoof called a bell boot.  It's supposed to help keep me from stepping on the bandage with my other hind hoof and tearing the whole thing off.  I think my moms are getting desperate.

Good news, though!  My chest is all healed!  My moms are going to post a slideshow soon to show how well I've healed!  My withers are looking better every day, too.

I'm off to ignore the Jolly Ball and find out a way to get this new bandage off, bell boot at all.  Thanks for reading!

~Polo

No comments:

Post a Comment