Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Catching Up

Hi everyone!  Please pardon my being “off the air”. Things have been so busy for my moms that they haven’t had time to post my messages.
Good News!  My withers are almost completely healed!  All that remains now is a narrow scab that my humans insist will heal completely in another couple of weeks. 
The hole in my left hind foot continues to heal as my moms have kept up their experimentation with bandages and boots.  First they tried a different human baby diaper, this time with Mickey and Minnie Mouse!  Could it get any worse?  Then they added a white rubber thing over the top called a bell boot.  I could still get the bandages and diaper off but the bell boot itself stayed on.  My moms weren’t about to give up though.  The next thing they tried was a trail boot, which looks kind of like their sneakers.  I must say, the trail boot was a puzzle but I managed to solve it and get it off after several days of trying.  I keep telling my moms that my self-treatment of a good mud pack over top of the gauze pack is the way to go.
My farrier, Jamie agrees with me!  I had my feet trimmed today.  Jamie said my foot looks good!  He told my moms to help me keep it clean with the Betadine Solution but not to wrap me up any more.  Yay!
Sarah and I are getting along great.  R has continued riding Sarah and they’ve been working on those poles, including an elevated one called a jump.  Apparently this jumping thing is going to continue.  R and Aunt T spent Sunday building more of them. 
Generally I just eat grass while Sarah’s working, but I’ve been giving this some thought in between bites.  It looks like fun, and it’s certainly much different from what I was doing at the race track.  I suspect I’ll find out soon enough. 
In fact, I overheard Jamie telling moms and Aunt B that it was okay for me to walk under saddle. This is timely because K and R have been plotting the timeline of getting me some exercise once we had the OK from my foot support team.  K even put a saddle on me the other day.  She said she wanted to find out what size girth I will need.   I am proud to say that my size is smaller than K thought.
My moms have promised photos soon, so check back.  In the meantime, may your grass be green and your water fresh.
Cheers!
Polo

No comments:

Post a Comment