Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fireworks

I didn't get to see either of my moms today because they were both competing in a horse trial.  Oreo was there at the trial, too, competing with R.  They finished in fourth place in their very first horse trial!  Oreo gave a good report.  He said there were a few scary things but that overall, it was great fun.  He also told me that K and Sweepit finished third in their division and that K was very happy with how the day turned out.  I wonder if my moms will take me to a horse trial someday...

So, without my moms, it was a pretty quiet, relaxing day in the paddock.  I got to know Sarah a little better.  She's afraid of the train that goes by our pasture several times a day, but I told her it was OK, and I think we bonded a little over that.

But then it got dark, and it wasn't OK anymore.  The world exploded, literally!  There was this strange lightning that kept flashing in the sky accompanied by loud, explosive booms and high screeches!  It was very scary!  Even Sarah didn't like it.  We ran and ran around the paddock, but we couldn't find a place to get away from the noise and light!  

Then Aunt B came out to save us!  She didn't like the lightning either.  She told us that humans were celebrating something called Independence Day, and that the strange lightning and noises are called fireworks.  Then she gave me and Sarah something called Acepromazine.  Ace is great stuff.  I don't remember much after my shot, only that the light and noise didn't seem so important.  Eventually, the fireworks stopped.  I hope they don't come back... I do not like loud noises!  Fireworks are awful!

~Polo

No comments:

Post a Comment