Sunday, July 24, 2011

Back to Work

Hi everyone! True to their word, my moms put me back to work today.  I was saddled up and then K was on my back!  Apparently I did a good thing by standing still at the mounting block because I received lots of praise just for letting her get on.  R got up on Sarah and we four took a walk around the paddock.


The walking we did was rather pleasant, although there were a few times where I wasn't sure what I needed to do.  K was very patient with me and kept telling me I was doing a good job.  I hope I was good! Sarah didn't provide any tips this time, saying instead, "sorry kid, you're on your own."   I guess I'm going to need a lot of on the job training.

After several minutes, we switched.  K got on Sarah and R rode me.  I like R, she had ridden me twice when I first came out of race training.  She went very easy on me too, just like K.  We all walked a few more times around and then the day was done.  Sarah and I each got a nice shower and then I got to eat my dinner.  I suppose this work thing might not be too bad after all.

That's all from The Paddock for now.  Happy Grazing!

Polo

Riders up!  Here's K telling me how well I'm doing.

R and I, reunited.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Baby steps are the best, all of a sudden before you know it you're a pro :) what good Moms you have polo.

    ReplyDelete