Monday, February 13, 2012

A Wrinkle in the Plan

Hi Everyone! 

It has been a week of ups and downs for K and me.  Last week started with the two of us sharing a lovely, quiet ride around the arena for the first time.  On Thursday I had my feet trimmed by my fabulous farrier Jamie and then K and I spent some quality time hanging out together.  She even gave my mane a makeover!

Friday wasn't so good.  My right hind foot was hurting very badly and I didn't want to walk.  K tried to help but I couldn't tell her what was wrong.  Saturday morning light allowed K to see a weak spot in my hoof, which prompted a repeat of our summer bandaging routine.  The padding felt good and makes walking on the frozen mud much more manageable so I've been leaving it on.

On Sunday K and I had a bit of a disagreement.  This was the first time that K and I have worked together in the new facility without our friends being around.  I was nervous and I'm afraid I didn't help K very much in her task of bandaging my sore foot.  I just couldn't stand still!

Tonight we had a better night.  Our group was together and my foot is feeling much better!  I have an abscess.  Yuck.  The abscess broke through the skin at my coronary band, relieving the pressure within my hoof.  K had me soak my foot in warm water and Betadine solution and then wrapped it up again to keep it clean.

Sadly, my relief from the abscess is overshadowed by the possibility that I may soon have to find a new home.  K has not had any luck in securing a new job and has become increasingly concerned about her financial capacity to care for me and also for Sweepit.  I love K and my friends and I really don't want to leave! 

Dear readers, please help me help K!  I have posted a link to K's LinkedIn profile, on which you can view K's resume and references.  K is an energetic, creative marketing professional with a background in catalog circulation.  She takes initiative, tackling projects as needed, such as prepping feed while my foot soaked. She is organized (you should see how neat my grooming and medical boxes are).  She knows how to plan and manage a campaign and she excels at reporting on various points of data.  K is also a fabulous scribe.  She makes sure that my blogs are clearly written and are posted properly.  She also has a great eye for photography.  Finally, I think K is a good teacher.  She does her best to make my lessons stress free and we always end our lessons on a positive note.

If you are hiring or know of a position to which K should apply, please let us know!  You can send a message to K via LinkedIn or by posting a comment on my blog.
K's profile:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/kimberlycornelius

Many Thanks!
~Polo

No comments:

Post a Comment