Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Whinnies and nickers and Slobber Kisses

Hi Everyone!

I understand that I missed Valentines' Day yesterday, so I'm sending love and extra slobber kisses to all today!

I have new turnout sheet to wear.  It is light blue and made from a more durable nylon than my first sheet.  I really like my navy blue and red sheet, but it got torn so K has taken that one for repair.  Unfortunately K didn't have her camera today to snap a picture.  My new sheet is no longer clean as I just had to scratch my back right after K turned me out. A good test of durability right?

I would like to send out whinnies and nickers to Kentucky Equine Research.  They helped K pick out a new supplement for me called Bio-Bloom.  This will help my coat recover from the winter elements and will also help my hooves strengthen.  Hoof strength is very important and young Thoroughbreds like me need a little help now and then.  Help is especially welcome this year as our winter has been so wet.

Speaking of hooves, my abscess is getting better daily.  I still have to have my foot all wrapped up by K on a daily basis to keep the mud and muck out of it while it heals.  I hope to be back on my exercise program soon.

And now, for some hay.

~Polo

No comments:

Post a Comment