Saturday, November 5, 2011

Separation Anxiety

Hello Everyone!

It has been a tough morning.  Momma K came out to see me this morning and I could tell something had upset her.  She was so preoccupied that she failed to notice that one of the cheek straps to my bridle was twisted.  I tried to tell her, but she didn't understand what I was saying.  Fortunately Momma R noticed and told K, who immediately apologized and fixed it for me.  Once my equipment was correct we went back to work, exercising some walk-to-halt and then some trot-to-walk transitions.
Well K was still a feeling stressed so I tried to introduce a little levity into her day by throwing in a small buck, just a hop really, to make her forget whatever troubles she had.  Unfortunately my timing was really, really bad.  Instead of levitating K's spirits, I caught her mid-post and sent her over my shoulder and onto the ground. 
I must admit that I went a few yards farther and stopped at the hay bale.  I had to be sure I didn't step on her, you see. I did go back and apologize when R caught up to me and explained what I needed to do.  K pet my forelock and told me she was sorry too.  Then she got back up and we walked some more before calling it a day.

I discovered K is anxious because she received some really tough news this week.  K's  job was eliminated in a downsizing effort by the company she was working for and she's really worried about keeping Sweepit and me safe.  She's already started looking for a new job and because she's given me a new job I want to help her.  Therefore dear readers, I ask that if you hear of anything in the Lexington, KY and surrounding areas that you think my mom should know about, please post a comment to this blog post.  Not only is K a horsewoman, she has a lot of experience in the field of direct marketing, having gotten her start with a catalog company that supplied horses and pets. I'll be sure to post a link to K's resume as soon as I convince her that it's perfect.

K was a little stiff and a little muddy after somersaulting, but she's a tough lady and I'm really lucky she's part of my new life. I am sure anyone who gets to know her will feel as fortunate as I do to know her.


Wish us luck! 

~Polo

No comments:

Post a Comment