Thursday, September 22, 2011

Something new

Hello Everyone!

I've had a fairly light couple of weeks.  K and I had our first communication challenge last week so we've had a few days off to relax and regroup.  It has also been raining again here in Kentucky which has further hampered our training.

K came out to see me tonight and I'm sure she had plans for us to actually work.  Lucky for me we ended up having an easy night because K had forgotten my bridle, which she had taken home to clean. I confess, I was thinking that I was going to get another day off.  K however thought of something for us to do.  The next thing I knew, I was wearing my halter with the lead attached to both sides and K was sliding onto my back without any saddle!

This felt a little funny because I have never had weight in direct contact with my spine.  It didn't hurt at all however and we had a nice, leisurely walk around my pasture.  After our walk K pampered me with a lovely curry and brushing.  I even got to snack on a couple of sugar cubes and cookies!

All in all, not bad for the one sunny day of the week.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment