Saturday, September 10, 2011

Catching Up

Hello!

I haven't had much excitement to share.  The past several weeks have been light for me as K has been working with Sweepit in preparation for horse trials.  I am very pleased to report that they had an excellent showing at the Georgetown Mini Trial, finishing in fourth place.
 I went back to work today after a week off due to rain.  I trotted a lot!  I think K must be introducing distance conditioning.  Anyway, aside from the trotting, K and R set up something called a dressage arena within one of the paddocks.  I had to learn to trot inside an enclosed area and bend my body around corners.  Let me tell you, those corners seemed tight! 
Then, after my introduction to dressage, I got to trot through a line of those jump things!  Aunt B set the first pole on the ground and made the second one a very small x.  I admit, the first time through was a little strange, but I got it!   The trick is to pick up my feet!  I know I can do this!
Until tomorrow, happy jumping!
-Polo 

No comments:

Post a Comment