Sunday, August 14, 2011

Panic! Oh, wait, oops....

I almost lost K this evening!  I didn't mean to, but Buttons and Sarah spooked at something on our trail ride, so I spun and ran.  I was trying to get K away from the danger.  Really, I was!  I guess I moved a little too fast because K was unseated and sort of hung of my side for a bit before righting herself while I tried to run us away.  I stopped when she said whoa.  Okay, okay, she did have to say whoa more than once, but I was scared.

I will have you know that I walked back to the offending spot calmly upon request and stood like a pro while K dismounted to check on Aunt T, who did come off of Buttons.  Once we made sure that Aunt T wasn't hurt seriously K hand walked Sarah and I back to the farm while R rode buttons home to get Aunt B and the car.

I never realized just how short K is until tonight as she led us back.  She's only 15HH, that's five feet tall in human speak.  Some of the weeds we cross through are taller than she is!  If she wasn't holding my reins, I might have lost her for real!  No wonder my belly get's tickled.

Fortunately we all made it back home safely, got our showers and dinner and we should be able to sleep well.

While that adventure put the cap on the evening, I did do some work before all that happened.  K asked me to walk and trot and I even walked a jumper pattern over cavelletti.

I also promised a photo of my new boots in this morning's post.  I'm actually going to try to go one better and post video, kindly shot by Aunt B. 

Stay tight in your tack!

Polo













No comments:

Post a Comment