Tuesday, September 13, 2011

And the crowd went wild!

Hi Everyone!

I am having a fabulous Tuesday!  I had a great training session with K and Aunt B!

Today I worked on moving from walk to trot with just the direction of K's leg. K has very short legs, so I have to "listen" well. I'm learning to relax at the trot and stretch my neck and my back as I go.  After we worked on lots of trotting and transitions I learned a little more about dressage.  I worked on bending through my corners, and something K calls leg yield.  Basically, she asked me to walk sideways and forwards at the same time.  I did it, but I don't "get" it just yet.  Can someone clue me in?

My favorite part of the lesson was jumping!  Aunt B had K trot me through a line of ground poles, then she put the last one into a little cross rail and K gave me a big squeeze over the top of the cross rail and I had to canter away.  My final effort for the night was to actually jump a small vertical and canter away.  Everyone cheered!  I was so excited and so happy! This jumping stuff is really pretty fun.  I hope I get to do more.

We finished up with some strange stretching.  I think I'm supposed to relax my head and jaw.  Hopefully K or Aunt B will explain it to me. In the meantime, I got some extra grooming, a good dinner and lots of pets and snuggles.

I hope your Tuesday has been just as wonderful!  Happy jumping!
-Polo

No comments:

Post a Comment