Monday, October 10, 2011

Beautiful Fall

Hello Everyone!

It's Fall here in the Bluegrass and we've had a stunningly beautiful weekend.  Today is Columbus Day.  According to K, it is a human holiday that celebrates the "discovery" of America by someone named Christopher Columbus.  Apparently this discovery was over 500 years ago but many humans in the U.S. still think it's worth observing.  My question is:  If this Columbus guy hadn't discovered America, would I be an English Thoroughbred instead?  Sometimes I think too hard...

I've had some great rides with K this weekend.  She even took today off to spend an extra afternoon with me.  We've gone on trail rides and worked on my endurance with lots of trotting and even a couple of gallops.  I liked the gallops, they were fun.

You may be wondering why I haven't mentioned my momma R in quite a while.  She's doing well.  R and Sarah, my paddock mate, have become a team.  They've had a busy late summer, competing in a couple of combined test events.  They won one division and came in second in another division a few weekends ago.  I'm so proud!

There's not much more to report.  I spend my days munching hay and napping.  Napping is highly recommended!  I see K three to four times each week for exercise.  Life is good.

I hope you have had a spectacular weekend too.

~Polo

No comments:

Post a Comment