Saturday, August 4, 2012

Workin' It

K has been taking my introduction to Dressage pretty seriously. In fact, I can't remember the last time I wore the close contact saddle!
My workout routine has been fairly consistent over the past few weeks. I walk, a lot! K has me incorporate lot's of changes in directions, circles and I'm even learning to leg yield.
 Next K asks me to trot and we go through much the same routine of circles, serpentines and transitions in gait. I have noticed that my trot sets are getting longer. K tells me that this is how I build up my strength and balance.
K has left canter out of our routine for now, preferring me to improve my walk and trot work first. I'm okay with this. I don't really see the need to go fast anyway.
Speaking of training. K keeps mentioning the word lesson. Do you suppose that means more work?
~Polo



No comments:

Post a Comment