Thursday, June 30, 2011

Stocked Up

Hi, guys.  I’m a little down today.  My hind legs are both stocking up, which means fluid is building up that my system isn’t flushing back up the leg like it’s supposed to.  It’s not uncomfortable at all, but Momma R keeps worrying over it.  She says Momma K is worried, too… I miss my Momma K!


Top: K & Sweepit
Bottom: R & Oreo
K and R are both going to something called a horse trial this weekend.  K is going to ride her other Thoroughbred, a big chestnut mare called Sweepit, who not only made it to the track, but won a race!  Sweepit is sort of my big sister, so I’m very proud of her.  Sweepit lives at a farm closer to where K lives, so R said she and Aunt B could take care of me this week, no worries!  Sweepit and K need to practice.  So do R and Oreo, but Oreo is Aunt B’s draft horse cross, so R can ride him when she comes out to see me!

Me and my new friend Courtney!
I met a new person yesterday.  I love people, so I was pretty happy about that.  Her name is Courtney.  She works with R and is also a friend of K and Aunt B.  She came out just to see me!  OK, maybe she didn’t come out just to see me… but I’m sure I was her favorite part of the farm.  She held my lead rope while R disinfected my injuries and reapplied the Woundade and the Swat and took some photos.  Then she had to get firm with me, because I can be kind of a brat when I’m getting my hoof dressing changed.  I just don’t want to hold my foot up that long.

Seriously, Momma R?
And yesterday was so embarrassing… R put neon pink Vetrap on my hoof!  She thought it was hilarious and promised to do it only once.  She even showed me the rest of the Vetrap she bought in sane colors like yellow and red.  She doesn’t even like pink, she just thinks it’s funny!  Anyway, I feel like a dork.  I’m so ashamed.

It occurs to me now, though, that the peppermint cookies I sometimes get are pink, too… so maybe it’s not so bad.  After all, it’s just one day, right?

~Polo

No comments:

Post a Comment