Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Tractor, Oh My!

Hi, everyone!   I ran around in the pasture today, and I was sound!  My moms were so pleased!  I haven’t been doing a lot of anything but ambling around the pasture and eating, so they were pretty happy to see me trot and even canter a little.

It was all because of the tractor.  Aunt B and Aunt T mowed my pasture!  The grass was getting too tall for me to eat, so they cut it all down to a more manageable level.  They have a big riding mower.  It was new and interesting and scary and fun!  Since I would be in the way eating in my usual place by the fence, Momma R stood with me in the shed while I ate.  The tractor sounded really loud when it went around behind the shed, so I kept leaving the shed to keep an eye on the situation.

It doesn't hurt too much, can you belive it?
My foot is still pretty bad, but it doesn’t bother me too much except when my moms and my aunt change the dressing.  Then they have to cut and peel everything off, including the pressure bandage right up over the abscess.  The worst part is when they apply the gauze to the abscess, because they have to press the Betadine-soaked gauze a little up into the abscess to put pressure on the corium to stay inside my hoof where it’s supposed to.

Thank you for all the good thoughts.  I can feel them all the way from Kentucky!

~Polo

No comments:

Post a Comment