Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sideways

Hi! Happy Spring? Well, it was Spring on Saturday. I haven't written in quite some time. The wet, icy weather has kept my workload light. Not to worry though, Sweepit and I have had plenty of hay to eat and we've worn our blankets to keep warm.

In my last post, way back in October, I mentioned that my K had tried a sport called sidesaddle and predicted that she'd have me try it too.

Well, can I call it, or what? This past Sunday K and I participated in a sidesaddle riding clinic, presented by the Southern Ohio Ladies Aside at our home base, Paddle Stone Equestrian Center.

 Maggie, the clinician, fitted me with an Elan sidesaddle and declared it a perfect fit! Apparently the Elan "Thoroughbred Wide" tree is built for horses just like Sweepit and me. Once secured, K was soon aboard and we were off! Sort of... I admit I had a bit of difficulty reading K's cues with both of her legs off to my left.
Sporting an Elan saddle.

It was a fun day! I love meeting new people and horses (and sneaking mini carrots from the buffet)! I know K enjoyed it too, and I predict that we are going to practice sidesaddle frequently - once K finds a saddle that fits both of us.


A good group!

K tells me that our next event is a dressage clinic in May. Until then, stay warm and think of green grass and mini carrots.

~Polo

No comments:

Post a Comment