Monday, October 28, 2013

Fall Funnies

Dear Friends,
I have to share a funny story. Recently, my human mom has taken to riding me bareback on the weekends. We just go for walks and bond. My mom is only 15 hands tall so she has to use the tallest mounting block on the farm in order to reach on my back. She's forever saying her method of hop-drape-sit up isn't very graceful, but  it works for her and I don't mind. Well, this Sunday, mom sent herself sliding straight off my right side!
Don't worry, she isn't hurt. She landed on her feet, looked around for witnesses and then she laughed! It was pretty silly.
She said her legs were a little stiff from a tweaked muscle during a sport called bowling on Friday and then she tried out sidesaddle riding at something called a "clinic" on Saturday. Have you heard of sidesaddle? If I know my mom, I'll be trying it out soon. Stay tuned for a report. In the meantime, try to find something to laugh about at least once a day!
~Polo

No comments:

Post a Comment