Saturday, May 12, 2012

New Duds

Hi Everyone!

This past week has gone by in a flash!  I've been working with K daily on my in-hand and under saddle lessons.  K tells me I am making great progress.  I've got the turn on the hind foot down and have picked up on trotting beside K, although I still find it awkward.

K has really been taking this horse show prep stuff seriously.  She has been fussing with my mane some more, thinning it out and then adding braids.  I'm not too sure about the whole braiding thing... Fortunately she took them right out, but I suspect I'll be sporting them again. 

K has also been fussing with my coat, trying to coax my hair to grow back over some bug bites and rubs.  I get a daily curry and brush, followed by ointment on my fresh bites, then the yummy, coconut-smelling Micro-Tek Rebuilder on my bald spots.  K then went a step further and purchased me a full body fly cover!





Personally, I think it's kind of silly-looking.  Fortunately, I don't have to wear it right away as the front closures sit right on one of my raw bites, so K is letting me stay sheet-free until it heals a bit more. 

K also presented me with my very own dress halter! 



I just knew there had to be a reason for trying on Sweepit's halter.  This, I can do!

And so with all of the new duds and extra grooming, I believe K is hoping I'll be the best dressed horse at the show.  Personally, I'm content a good dust-coat and a few burdocks.

~ Polo




No comments:

Post a Comment